Kuwait | National Judicial Training Institute/School
معهد الكويت للدراسات القضائية والقانونية
THE KUWAIT INSTITUTE FOR JUDICIAL & LEGAL STUDIES
Al-Qibla, Abu Bakr Street branched off Fahad Al-Salem Street, Behind Homoud Tower, Beside Marzooq Al-Bader Mosque, Kuwait City, State of Kuwait
Ext. 6048/ 6007
Fax: 00965 22455791
About The Kuwait Institutefor Judicial and Legal Studies
The KUWAIT INSTITUTE FOR JUDICIAL & LEGAL STUDIES has been established on February 15, 2994, following the Decree-Law No. 37 for the year 1994, wherein it was stated that the KIJS reports to the Ministry of Justice, and is supervised by the Board of Director headed by H.E Minister of Justice.
The KIJS commenced operations of judicial training and development as of January 1995, and has been since started exceeding it’s national commissioning by achieving high outreach to regional cooperation within the GGC and Arab region, and delivering it’s mission by training and developing the judiciary and it’s supporting professionals both in Kuwait and in the region, with much more focus on international communication, exchange of expertise and multi-lateral activities with judicial institute partners.
The objectives of the Kuwait Institute for Judicial & Legal Studies:
– Qualifying the judges and Nationals working at public prosecution, Fatwa and Legislation department and general department of investigations on practical and applied basis so as to qualify them to assume their career duties.
– Strengthening the judges and Nationals working at public prosecution, Fatwa and Legislation department and general department of investigations on practical and applied basis to qualify them to their career duties.
– Vocational formation of Judicial members assistants and training them to perform the legal proceedings beside upgrading their practical performance and following up their qualification and developing their knowledge and aptitude.
– Preparing special courses for the members of legal departments affiliated to the members of governmental, public authorities and institutions.
– Compiling, filing and publishing judicial instruments and legal researches.
– Developing the academic research in legal, judicial and juristic domains including the holding of symposiums and meetings.
– Training and vocational formation of judicial members in Arabic, Islamic and other countries, And exchanging experiences and activities with the same institution in these countries.
Kuwait | National Official Representative(s) to EAJTN
Useful national links
Kuwait Constitution (English)
NationMaster – (Middle East – Kuwait) (English)
Last Updated March 12, 2021